Crown Plaza Terrigal external upgrade
An extensive complex external upgrade program to including simultaneos areas at Crown Plaza terrigal.
Rooftop masonry parapet walls & decorative capping, gutters, timber fascia’s, masonry slab edges, masonry façade walls, previously painted brick façade walls & decorative archways, masonry lintels, masonry columns & pillars.
Driveway entry masonry pergola, masonry soffits, driveway pergola masonry pillars, main entry & driveway pergola awning plaster ceilings & soffits, main entry skylight clear steel frames, “White” flag poles to main entrance, steel service pipes, main entry decorative pillars & plaster entry bulkheads, driveway area service doors & frames (external faces) additional damaged section pre-finished main entry windows rectification painting.
Ground level commercial shops walkway plaster soffits, Ground level commercial shops walkway area ventilation louver ceiling panels, Ground level walkway masonry & brick façade walls & sills, Ground level commercial shop area service doors & frames (external faces), grounds area steel light posts.
Car park entry driveway entry & exit masonry parapet walls, car park driveway entry & exit steel handrails & upright supports, car park entry & exit concrete soffit, car park entry & exit “Red” fire sprinkler pipes.
Loading dock area steel stairwell handrails, general waste area steel handrails, loading dock area steel service pipes, loading dock area perforated ceiling, loading dock entry steel security gates, loading dock area service doors & frames (external faces), loading dock area previously painted concrete stairs.
East facing Ground level masonry & brick façade walls, staff smoking area gutters & timber fascia’s, service doors & frames (external faces), East facing guestroom external balcony soffits, guestroom balcony dividing walls, guestroom concrete vertical & horizontal slab edges, guestroom balcony parapet walls & planter box walls, East facing stack wall slab edges & associated gutters, fascia’s & plaster eaves, guestroom courtyard weatherboard garden dividing walls, guestroom courtyard timber privacy slat’s (internal & external faces), courtyard timber access gates (internal & external faces), podium level storage shed timber slat’s & access gate, podium level storage shed timber beams
North facing guestroom external balcony soffits, guestroom balcony dividing walls, guestroom concrete vertical & horizontal slab edges, guestroom balcony parapet walls & planter box walls.
Pool level masonry & brick façade walls, decorative archway’s, masonry slab edges, service doors & frames (external faces), pool deck awning structural steel beams & posts (open section only), plaster eaves & ventilation louver ceiling panels.
Rooftop freestanding planter boxes, rooftop stairwell handrails & security fencing, rooftop access stairwell masonry walls, rooftop access doors & frames (external faces), rooftop access stairwell steel capping
Sean Salt Restaurant external façade walls & slab edges, Florida Beach Bar masonry entry bulkhead & fascia’s, Florida Beach Bar plaster entry columns
Access Equipment Requirements included
- 135ft Diesel Knuckle Boom Lift: “Pine Tree Lane” upper façades including above the driveway entry awning and North West corner to “The Esplanade” and loading dock elevations to the South
- 85ft Diesel Knuckle Boom Lift to the Eastern section façade podium levels to “The Esplanade” and above smokers staff room to the South East corner
- 60ft Diesel Knuckle Boom Lift to the driveway pergola surfaces & internal core walls & ceilings
- 26ft Diesel Scissor Lift to the main entry awning soffits & skylight steel framework
- Omme 2750 Diesel Spider Lift to the Eastern façade accommodation level including the stack wall surfaces & Ground level commercial shop front areas to reach above Sea Salt Restaurant
- Program includes for 55T All Terrain Crane Equipment with 1 Dogman to crane the required Omme 2750 Diesel Spider Lift onto the Eastern façade podium level accommodation block from “The Esplanade” and then onto the Ground level commercial shop front areas
- Supply & erection of aluminium fixed scaffold to the North East corner rooftop accommodation blocks to access external balcony masonry surfaces. Materials will be craned onto the rooftop area using the 55T All Terrain Crane Equipment from “The Esplanade”
- Supply & erection of 6 x 2 meter towers with 700mm cantilever platforms to access the Northern facing and above Sea Salt Guestroom balcony external slab edges & façade surfaces. Craftwork will require closure of 6 Guestrooms only at 1 time. Program includes for all required dismantle, relocation & erection of equipment throughout the program
- Supply & erection of aluminium fixed scaffold to the pool level façade surfaces below the Guestroom balcony heights and slab edges above the bar area glass panel awnings
Program special requirements
The Program included the deployment of 2 man-crew certified traffic controllers with RTA approved warning signage & barriers, the submission of traffic management plans to Gosford Council, Gosford Council road & footpath closure permits, supply of Plywood sheeting to the driveway brick paver surfaces to protect from mechanical access equipment excessive weight loads and supply of temporary fencing & barricades around the Ground level Commercial shop fronts for pedestrian protection.
Completed in 15 week program duration (with favourable weather conditions) with an additional 2.5 days for 6 units Northern façade Guestroom accommodation balconies using mobile scaffold access equipment.